Getting ready for a wedding or the biggest party of the year? Have you decided on your hairdo yet? But having the right hair accessories or hairstyles will simply not be enough when those ugly split ends start showing up. They are quite the menace in every woman’s life. They have the secret key to ruin your latest hairstyles, streaks, and highlights without any real effort at all. Split ends start creeping in when we become too busy to hit the salon for regular spas and trims. But once they do appear is cutting off the long locks your only option? Let us explore a few home remedies which will help you say goodbye to the nasty split ends in minimum time.
There are a few very easy home remedies for split ends. Not only will they remove the already accumulated ones, they will also prevent the formation of any more split ends in the near future. Let us explore a few easy options to enjoy your healthy and gorgeous hair and get rid of split ends.
1. Egg mask
Eggs are a very important source of essential fatty acids and a huge number of proteins too, to using a pack/mask containing eggs will help you strengthen the roots as well as condition your hair to get rid of split ends. Use it for some time and you will see your hair become visibly smoother, untangled and healthier. You can also whisk one egg yolk with 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of honey for the ultimate conditioning hair mask. Leave it on for 20-30 mins and wash it off with a mild shampoo and cold water.
2. Hot oil conditioner
Hot oil conditioning is one of the oldest and most proven home remedies for split ends. To see wonderful transformations in very little time and using littlest amount of condiments possible one should try this treatment regularly.
- Heat some olive oil or coconut oil or almond oil in the microwave for 15 seconds.
- Make sure it is not scalding hot and massage it in gently on your scalp.
- Leave it on for 45 minutes to an hour. For extremely dry hair one can leave it on overnight as well.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water and mild shampoo.
Papaya is a good source of natural amino acids, anti-oxidants and tons of necessary vitamins. Now apply the goodness of the delicious fruit directly to your hair.
- Take a ripe papaya and half a cup of natural yogurt.
- Blend them till the mixture is smooth and thick.
- Apply to your hair and leave for 30 minutes before washing it off with cold water.
The sweet condiment is as good for your hair as it is in your morning tea. It is a miracle treatment for stubborn split ends.
- Mix some honey and curd till the paste is thick.
- Apply to the ends of your hair.
- Wash it off after 30 minutes or so with a mild, hair-friendly shampoo for lustrous, healthy hair.
Avocado is a rich source of vitamins A, D and E which are all extremely important for the nourishment of your hair. It is filled with proteins and fatty acids which nourish and condition your hair better than the best conditioners found in the market today.
- Mash a ripe avocado; add two tablespoons of olive oil and coconut oil till you achieve an emulsion like creamy state.
- Apply all over your hair but do NOT apply to the roots.
- Rinse it off after 30 minutes and shampoo.
Believe it or not, beer is a brilliant conditioner for your hair. Suitable for all kinds of hair one simply needs to rinse his or her hair with beer after shampooing to restore all lost gleam and sheen.
This Blog is brought to you by Enn’s Closet. “A beauty brand that puts your health first!”