There can be many reasons for your dark lips. Sometimes lips are dark naturally. The other factors that cause lips to get darker are smoking, sun exposure, UV rays, hormonal imbalances, allergies to various chemicals and ingredients from the lip makeup products that we use, and too much of tea & caffeine intake. Read on here how to lighten lips.
Rosy lips are one of the most desired features of a woman’s charm which make her look gorgeous. If you are having rosy lips, you don’t require wearing lipstick all the times.
Here are best natural remedies about how to get rid of dark lips. These remedies work on lips that have become dark due to age and other external factors:
- The first step to lighten dark lips is to find out which of the above reasons are responsible for making your lips look dark. After identifying the culprit, we suggest you quit that habit and then begin the dark lips lightening treatment with the help of various natural ingredients available in your home.
- The second step about how to lighten lips is taking care of your skin in general by consuming healthy foods to improve your skin conditions in general.
- The third step is to select and use lips makeup products having skin friendly ingredients, without any harmful chemicals and bleachers to eliminate the possibility of causing any damages to your lips.
- Rest of our recommended steps about how to lighten dark lips includes some natural home remedies.
Here are the best-selected home remedies to lighten lips:
- Exfoliate your lips every day to remove the dead skin cells, as they make your lips to look dark and dull. For this purpose, an easy way is to use a wet baby toothbrush or homemade sugar scrub. Afterward, apply honey all over your lips. In case your lips are chapped, then use baby toothbrush coated with Vaseline.
You can make a natural lips sugar scrub by mixing sugar with cold cream.
- (ii) Honey is an effective natural remedy to lighten lips that have become dark with age and other external factors. Honey is a natural ingredient having many beauty benefits, including that it can soften your lips and provide your lips a pinkish glow. You can apply honey all over your lips at bedtime and let it dry. Don’t wash it off. You can also make a mixture of honey, lime juice, and glycerin and apply it daily.
- (iii) Lemon juice is well known for its skin lightening abilities and can be used for lightening your lips. As the lemon juice is acidic, so it would help in removing all the dead skin cells and free agents from the surface of your lips. Bedtime is the best time to massage your lips with freshly squeezed lemon juice before you go to sleep.
- Almond oil is another widely used home remedy to get rid of dark lips. You will find many lip balms and glosses that contain almond oil.Make your own natural lip balm by mixing a little of strawberry juice with double the quantity of petroleum jelly. Apply this homemade effective lip balm daily on your lips for getting smooth and pinkish lips.
- Many berries like raspberries and strawberries contain vital minerals and vitamins that keep your lips healthy & lively and contribute in treating dark lips. You can make a paste by mixing 1 to 2 raspberries with 1 teaspoon of honey and 1-2 teaspoons of aloe Vera juice or gel. Massage this paste on your lips and leave it for 5 to 10 minutes. Wash it off and apply a home-made lip balm or Vaseline or petroleum jelly.
- Clove oil is also used to treat dark and patchy lips. Olive oil is another best oil amongst other oils because it is known to be healthy to use on lips to make them lively and vibrant. Apply any of these oils before you go to sleep.
- Apple cider vinegar is another effective natural ingredient to massage on your lips to lighten them naturally.
- Rub your lips daily with a mixture of gram flour with a little of honey and lemon juice to make them rosy.
- Beetroot juice is known to have natural bleaching properties and therefore apply it over your lips to lighten them.
- Raw potato juice also has properties to lighten your dark lips naturally.
This Blog is brought to you by Enn’s Closet. “A beauty brand that puts your health first”