The potent beneficial properties of essential oils, so-called nature’s botanical essences, can work wonders on your hair and scalp. These aromatic oils penetrate deeply into hair shaft and follicles to help promote healthy hair, scalp and skin. They can be used to cleanse your scalp, strengthen hair, restrict irritation and dandruff, stimulate hair follicles, produce healthy, shiny hair, perk up blood circulation – so promote hair growth. While some oils are greatly helpful to soothe dry, irritated scalp, other essential oils stimulate the sebaceous glands and can normalize their function. In nutshell, they create beauty from the inside out!
What Essential Oils are Good For Hair?
Do you want healthy, radiant looking hair? By now you might have already tried some hair oils but you may not be satisfied with the results. Well, then possibly you are missing out on something – the essential oils is what I am talking about. But to use them wisely, you need to use essential oils that suit your hair type. No need to worry, hereunder is provided the information on all the hair types and the corresponding essential oils. Also, given are the carrier or base oils that will work best for your hair type.
Enn’s Closet suggests you use the panchtatva oil for hair regain and thickness. The natural hair oil works magically for people suffering from dry and frizzy hair.
The Best Essential Oils!
1. Lavender Oil: It’s very versatile oil and is well known as a traditional folk remedy. It works to balance natural scalp oils that render it beneficial for all hair types. Due to its anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and analgesic properties, lavender oil is a good treatment for dry, flaky scalp. It pacifies and nurtures scalp, providing relief from inflammatory scalp conditions. This oil is believed to be an essential oil for hair loss and its regular massage promotes hair growth as well. While making the hair soft and shiny, it also helps in preventing itching and dandruff.
2. Rosemary Oil: It’s one of the well-known essential oils that promote hair growth. It’s full of antioxidants that help hunt free radicals, which cause greying as well as hair thinning. This amazing oil stimulates the hair follicles and improves blood flow to the scalp; as a consequence of which hair grow longer and stronger. It is also very useful in treating dandruff problem, itchiness, and scalp irritation.
3. Chamomile (Roman/German) Essential Oil: It’s well known for its skin healing, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, anti-itching and anti-allergenic properties. Thus you can use it to treat the dry scaly scalp, dandruff, eczema, and scalp acne. This amazing oil adds stunning golden highlights to blonde hair and gleam to dark hair. You can use this oil to condition your hair and enhance its softness and luster significantly. This oil is best to use on dry as well as brittle hair. You can use this oil to get rid of lice also.
4. Ylang Ylang Essential Oil: Native to tropical Asia, this is my favorite essential oil. It has been traditionally used to boost up healthy hair growth as well as to smooth out skin. It balances sebum production, thus can be used on the oily scalp and greasy hair. Its natural antiseptic and tonic properties help in keeping your scalp healthy. Moreover, it improves blood flow to the scalp as a result nourishes hair follicles and promotes hair growth. In addition, it relaxes facial muscles, and a massage with ylang-ylang oil aids to relieve tension headaches. It also helps for treating anxiety, anger, and insomnia.
5. Peppermint Oil: A great oil to incite blood flow to the hair-roots. It makes sure that proper nourishment reaches the hair and so as a result, it boosts up healthy hair growth. You can utilize this oil to its full potential by simply adding a couple of drops to your natural shampoo and hair conditioner for a soothing effect.
6. Tea Tree Essential Oil: This oil cleans out the sebaceous glands, thus it improves blood flow to the scalp. It helps to get rid of dead skin cells as well, thereby encourages healthy hair growth. It treats dandruff and also is a good treatment for lice.
This Blog is brought to you by Enn’s Closet, A beauty brand that puts your health First!