Blackheads are embarrassing and annoying. The main reason for blackheads occurrence is clogging the skin pores with excessive sebum (a natural oil produced by sebaceous glands to keep your skin agile) and dead skin cells. The difference between a black head and a white head is simply whether or not the pore is open or closed. When the pore is open, the plug of sebum/skin cells oxidizes because it remains in contact with oxygen in the air, which makes it black. So, it’s wrong to say that blackheads are formed by dirt.
1. Milk And Gelatin Blackheads Peel Off Mask: By mixing a gelatin and milk you can make a sticky compound capable of pulling out the clogs and freeing your skin pores.
You will need:
- Gelatin Powder: 1 tablespoon, unflavored
- Milk: 1 ½ tablespoon
- Place the 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin powder in a microwave-safe bowl. Add in the 1-½ tablespoon milk to the powder and mix with a spoon.
- Set the bowl in a microwave, and heat the gelatin-milk mixture for 5 seconds.
- Take out the bowl and mix well. Again set the mixture in the microwave and heat it for 5 more seconds.
- Remove the bowl and cool it, until it is just warm enough. Dip your fingers into the bowl, and coat your face with the gelatin-milk mixture.
- Leave the mask on your face for about 30 minutes or until it dries completely. You will feel it stiff when dried.
- Peel off the mask. As you pull the mask off your skin, it will take away the dirt, dead skin cells and clogs along with it. Rinse off the residue with water.
2. Mint, Turmeric And Gelatin Homemade Blackhead Mask: This mask is good for those who are suffering from the frequent breakout of blackheads.
You will need:
- Mint leaves: 2-teaspoon full, fresh
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Gelatin powder: 1 teaspoon
- Boil 2 teaspoons full of mint leaves in water. When boiled, strain the solution.
- Mix in 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder and 1 teaspoon of gelatin powder in the solution. Keep it aside to allow its temperature to come down to a warm level.
- Apply an even coating of the mask over your face using a soft brush. Let it remain there for about 20 minutes or until it dries completely. Peel off the mask gently. Rinse your face with cool water.
- Use either of the above masks to remove blackheads. You will need to use these masks twice a week regularly for 2-3 months to get the blackheads removed.
This Blog is brought to you by Enn’s Closet. “A beauty brand that puts your health first”