Brittle nails spoil looks of your hands, so it will be good for you to know how to cure brittle nails and start following remedies for brittle nails, as soon as you notice them. Brittle nails not only look clumsy, but they are also prone to break and peel easily, exposing your finger and toe tips to infection.
What Causes Brittle Nails
- Aging can be a brittle nails cause. With aging, they sometimes grow slowly and get weak and easily breakable.
- Deficiency of Iron, Zinc, and Calcium.
- Deficiency of Protein.
- Dryness often causes dry brittle nails, as the dry nails grow hard and crack. Dryness of nails can be due to dry heat and lack of moisture in your nails.
- Using beauty products containing harsh chemicals, like nail-polish, also cause brittle nails. This is the reason why women are more likely to have brittle nails than the men.
Brittle Nails Treatment
1. Protect your nails from repetitive cycle of getting wet and drying:
- Your nails can absorb water up to about 20 to 25 % of their weight when they remain wet for a longer duration. They expand while absorbing water and then contract while they are drying. This repetitive cycle can weaken your nails causing them to get brittle and peel.
- The solution is that you wear rubber gloves when you are doing household chores, like washing dishes for longer hours.
2. Moisturize dry, hard and brittle nails:
- If dryness is the culprit then apply a moisturizer, even Vaseline, to your nails including the nails bed at the base of your nails.
- If your nails are super dry, then you need to apply creams called super moisturizers for nail care. There are super moisturizer creams available on the market containing Vitamin E, Avocado Oil, and Shea Butter.
- On the other hand, if your nails are soft and brittle, use less amount of moisturizer, as it could be that you are probably using more of it.
- Drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated, including your nails.
3. Trim your nails properly:
- Trim and shape your nails properly on regular basis.
- Trim your nails immediately after shower or bath, as at that time they are soft and easy to cut.
- Use a file carefully to give your nails a round shape.
- Keep your nails even and short so that they are less likely to tear or peel.
4. Brittle Nails Healthy Diet: Poor nutrition also causes brittle nails. Just eat a well-balanced healthy diet to provide your body with all the required vitamins for healthy and strong nails.
5. Vitamins for Healthy Nails and Biotin: Try following treatments for brittle nails vitamin deficiency.
- Deficiency of iron and zinc can cause brittle nails.
- You need to have a Brittle Nails healthy diet, which includes essential minerals and vitamins like niacin, iron, calcium, and Vitamins A and C.
- You can have a vitamin B complex containing biotin. Biotin is also found in oatmeal, banana, peanuts, soy and mushrooms.
- Your normal foods contain enough biotin, but in certain cases such as people with alcoholism or those who consume excessive antibiotic for an extended period, biotin deficiency can occur.
- Consuming fish oil can also help you in preventing brittle nails.
This Blog is brought to you by Enn’s Closet. “A beauty brand that puts your health first”