Turmeric, also known as the golden spice of life, is an all-natural skincare ingredient that can be applied topically for many skin care benefits! Turmeric has extraordinary anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antibacterial, and anti-aging properties, which make it not only an excellent herbal remedy but also one of the most powerful natural ingredients for skin care beauty products. Because of its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, turmeric has been used for centuries in Ayurvedic remedies to reduce the signs of aging, exfoliate dead skin, brighten the skin (leaving it radiant and glowing) and reduce the visibility of acne scars. In nutshell it makes your skin look young, glowing and beautiful!
How To Use Turmeric On Skin – Ayurvedic Skin Care Recipes
Using turmeric is an inexpensive, natural way for treating several skin issues and brightening your skin with flawless, wrinkles free & naturally glowing complexion. That is why turmeric has been used as a skin beauty product for centuries.
- Use Turmeric To Treat Acne: Due to turmeric’s antiseptic and antibacterial properties, it’s an effective remedy to treat pimples and acne breakouts to provide a youthful glow to your skin. A turmeric face mask reduces oil production by sebaceous glands; helps to lessen inflammation and clear acne scars as well.
For Oily Skin – Turmeric, Sandalwood And Orange Juice Face Mask
- Ingredient Benefits: Turmeric is good for oily skin because it controls the secretion of sebum, an oily substance produced by the sebaceous glands. Sandalwood works as a natural astringent and orange juice being a source of vitamin C, helps to fade away skin blemishes.
- Method: Combine 1-½ tablespoons of sandalwood powder with 3 tablespoons of orange juice and add a pinch of ground turmeric. Mix the three ingredients together thoroughly to form a uniform paste. Massage it on your face, neck, and chest leaving it on for about 15 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
Instead of orange juice, you can use freshly squeezed lemon juice. Simply prepare a face pack by mixing turmeric powder, sandalwood powder and adding lemon juice just enough to make a uniform paste.
- For Dry Skin – Egg White, Olive Oil, Lemon Juice And Rose Water Facial Mask
If you have dry skin, use this face mask. Beat 1 egg white, and add 2 drops of olive oil, ¼ teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice, a little of rose water and a pinch of turmeric powder. Mix well the mixture. Massage gently on your face, neck, chest, elbows and knees. Let it dry out completely and then wash it off with water.
- Use Turmeric To Treat Fine Lines And Wrinkles: Applying the paste of turmeric in combination with other natural ingredients is surely an effective solution to fade away the facial lines and reduce wrinkles.
Preparation of the turmeric paste is also quite easy. You can prepare a turmeric face mask by just mixing turmeric powder and rice powder with raw milk and tomato juice to form a spreadable paste. Apply it on your face and neck, leaving it on for 30 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water. This will reduce wrinkles as well as brighten your skin.
Alternatively, just sprinkle some turmeric powder onto 2 teaspoons of buttermilk. Mix well till it turns into a uniform thin spreadable paste. Apply onto facial lines and wrinkles and let the paste stay there for about 30 minutes before washing it off with cool water. Even if you don’t have facial lines and wrinkles, applying this turmeric facial pack regularly will work as a good preventive remedy.
This Blog is brought to you by Enn’s Closet, A beauty brand that puts your health First!