Nowadays many people are ready to spend any amount of money on artificial cosmetic products for making their eyelashes to look long, thick and dark. These products are used by many women as they are quick means to enhance their beauty, but as these are artificial thus don’t work for a long time. So, what you need is an effective natural alternative. Castor oil use on eyelashes is an effective natural way to make them grow longer.
Is Castor Oil Good For Eyelashes Growth?
Let us see what nutrients are present in it, which make it effective in growing eyelashes. It contains vitamin E, minerals, proteins and has antibacterial properties. In addition, it is also rich in triglyceride kind of fatty acids. It works by hydrating and strengthening the eyelashes. The facts that:
- It naturally moisturizes and rehydrates the area where it is applied.
- It’s packed with many nutrients.
- It’s also capable of penetrating deep into the skin and work from the inside out.
All of the above together are useful for the eyelashes to grow longer, thicker and darker quickly.
Best Castor Oil For Eyelashes
Many types of castor oil are available that are used for different purposes. It’s necessary that you use a type which is right for using on eyelashes. Look around in a health store, read the label carefully and go for the one that is 100% cold-pressed or cold-processed, as these are the pointers for a pure and all natural top of the line product.
Best Time To Apply Castor Oil On Eyelashes
The best time to use castor oil for eyelashes is at night, a preferably couple of hours before bedtime. Although it is perfectly fine to use it during the daytime, the best is to go to bed with the castor oil on your eyelashes as this would allow more time to saturate and start the process for eyelashes to grow while you sleep.
How To Apply Castor Oil To Eyelashes?
You will need:
- Pure castor oil
- Clean eyeliner brush or mascara wand
- Before you begin, wash your entire face with water thoroughly and remove all traces of makeup, especially from eyes area.
- Make sure to use cold pressed castor oil, as it’s pure and the more of a natural kind.
- Dip the clean mascara wand or eyeliner brush in the castor oil and tap off any extra to ensure the brush or wand doesn’t carry oil in an excess amount.
- Using the wand or brush, apply the oil carefully onto your lashes, starting at the inner corner of the eye. The lashes should be completely coated with the castor oil, from roots to tips. This should be done on both eyes.
- Remove any excess oil that may have dripped under the eye area using the Q-tip.
- It is better to apply castor oil at night and then go to sleep. Leave it on to do its magic while you sleep.
- Make sure to clean off the castor oil completely when you wake up, otherwise, your eye makeup that you apply that day will bleed all down your face. For this purpose, you can use water and if needed a gentle cleanser. Take care not to rub or pull on your lashes lest you break them.
This Blog is brought to you by Enn’s Closet, A beauty brand that puts your health First!